CAR SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA – KEY FACTS
CALL US ON 01525 851545 IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING INFORMATION
- We have been shipping cars to Australia for almost 30 years.
- In Australia cars can be worth up to 2 or 3 times their UK value, which often makes shipping your car worthwhile.
- Cars manufactured after 1988 must have been owned and used in the UK for more than 12 months prior to shipping.
- The importer must have Australian residency.
- An import approval is required from the Australian Government, which can take 6–8 weeks to obtain.
- Ships sail weekly and take 6–7 weeks to arrive in Australia. Once there it can take 2–4 weeks to import and register a car.
- UK costs for shipping are approximately £1,600–1,800 (excluding marine insurance).
- Marine insurance costs 1.5% of the declared car value.
- Additional costs incurred when the vehicle arrives in Australia are approximately A$4,000–5,000.
- Australian import taxes consist of 5% duty on: the vehicle customs value + 10% GST on the same value + the duty + the shipping costs.
- Although the paperwork and procedures can be exacting and costly it can still be worthwhile shipping your car to Australia.
- To book a shipment use our online booking form.
For detailed information regarding shipping your car to Australia please see the pages accessible via the main menu.
Further information, including a guide to prices and useful website and contact addresses, can be found in the Australia Info Pack (PDF).