CAR SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA – KEY FACTS
CALL US ON 01525 851545 IF YOU NEED HELP FINDING INFORMATION
- In Australia cars can be worth up to 2 or 3 times their UK value.
- A car newer than 1988 must be owned and used in the UK for over 12 months first and the importer must have Australian residency.
- An import approval is required from the Australian Government which can take up to 4–6 weeks to obtain.
- We have been shipping cars by container from our Barking warehouse to Australia for almost 30 years.
- Ships sail weekly taking 6–7 weeks, and it can take 2–4 weeks in Australia to import and register a car.
- UK costs are shipping at about £1,350–1,400 and marine insurance at up to 2% of the car value.
- Australian costs to import and register a car are about A$4,000–5,000.
- Australian import taxes are 5% duty on the vehicle customs value + 10% GST on the same value + the duty + the shipping costs.
- Australian paperwork and procedures can be very particular, exacting, and costly, but it can all be worthwhile.
- To book a shipment use our online booking form.
For detailed information regarding shipping your car to Australia please see the pages accessible via the main menu.
Further information, including a guide to prices and useful website and contact addresses, can be found in the Australia Info Pack (PDF).